Thanksgiving, the US National holiday, is not normally celebrated here in India, for obvious reasons. But because our founder, Rev. Maxton D. Strong, was originally from the USA, he brought the tradition with him. Though there may not be any turkey, the last 68 years have seen Thanksgiving become an important part of our culture.
In the spirit of the holiday, this week has been a great chance for us to think about the incredible blessings we have received over the last year… here are just a few:
- The opening of our new school extension, the Samartha Saxena Memorial Wing!
- The birth of Sohalia, Anish and Katie’s second daughter.
- Thousands of books that have been received or purchased with the support of friends.
- A major renovation of our orphanage kitchen thanks to the Samartha Saxena Foundation.
- Trips to Africa to volunteer at Houses of Hope, Zimbabwe for Rick, Clifton and John.
- Visits from dozens of incredibly hard working volunteers including a media team from The Archibald Project.
- Four new children who have joined our big family.
…and guess what… that just takes us to April 1st! What an incredible year. For every one of you who has stood by us, put your faith in us and encouraged us over the last 365 days we are so grateful!