The Good Shepherd Agricultural Mission is an independent, non-governmental, social development organization that has been providing support to those in need since 1952. ‘The Mission’ works in an array of areas, support to lepers, vocational training, education, disaster relief etc. but it’s primary focus is the care and protection of children in need.
The Mission works hard to provide a loving home and family for every child in its care working hard to promote family relationships and impart a spirit of responsibility in every member of the organization.
Our promise to the world is summarized in a 5 fold promise:
- To always remember that every child’s life is priceless and to put the needs of the children above our own.
- To uphold the highest ethical standards in our work and to be honest and accountable in our reports about those we help.
- To recognize that none of our work is possible without the support of our donors, friends and volunteers.
- To work in partnership with other organizations, respecting the Indian culture and religions and empowering local citizens to make a real difference in the community.
- To show the world that every child, regardless of their needs, deserves to have a loving childhood and to be treated with dignity and care.