This policy was approved by the Good Shepherd Agricultural Mission’s Board of Directors on 24th April 2023 and is due for review in March 2025.
The Good Shepherd Agricultural Mission is a registered charity operating under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 in District Champawat, Uttarakhand, India.
We recognise that appropriate use of media and social media contributes to the GSAM’s aims.
We use media and social media in four main ways:
- to promote the GSAM and its work
- to fundraise for projects of the GSAM
- in an effort to find volunteers for GSAM
- to report on work undertaken by GSAM
The GSAM is committed to:
- having appropriate approvals and branding in place for official GSAM social media channels
- ensuring the GSAM’s official media and social media presence is readily identifiable through appropriate and standardised naming structures
- maintaining an appropriate and professional social media presence, with staff abiding by our Code of Conduct and other relevant policies and guidance
- engaging with its media and social media audiences and answering their queries in a timely manner
- communicating to staff the rules they must follow when identifying themselves as GSAM employees on social media
We will provide adequate and appropriate resources to implement this policy and will ensure it is communicated and understood.
The GSAM will review this policy statement annually during its Annual General Body Meeting to reflect new legal and regulatory developments and ensure good practice.